Position Title: Internship: Participant Engagement & Communications
Reporting To: Participant Engagement & Communications Coordinators
Type of Contract: One Year Contract
The Participant Engagement & Communications Intern will be a dynamic member of the GCNSA, supporting various organizational tasks specifically in Participant’s growth, retention & communications. This position offers an excellent learning and development opportunity for an aspiring Sustainability Champion.
The UN Global Compact is the world’s largest corporate sustainability platform, with a mission to accelerate and scale the global collective impact of business by upholding the Ten Principles and delivering the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through accountable companies and ecosystems that enable change. The Global Compact Network South Africa is an independent Network of the UN Global Compact; working with companies in South Africa to advance the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact and the SDGs. The Ten Principles are in the areas of Human Rights, Labour, Environmental Protection and Anti-Corruption.
The Participant Engagement & Communications Intern will be responsible for supporting the team with research and administration around expansion of the Network through growth of Participants, retention, and stakeholder communications.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Give administrative support to the roll-out of the national growth strategy and plan.
- Keep the stakeholder database (Salesforce) accurate, agile, and updated.
- Support outreach and engagement team in GCNSA by identifying and making appointments with relevant stakeholders.
- Research and compile/customise presentations to support stakeholder engagements.
- Administer the business prospect pipeline from vetting to timely follow-ups; and admission to the UN Global Compact.
- Support team with onboarding of new business participants, assisting them to make most of their participation in the UN Global Compact.
- Actively use and shape tools to improve Participant Engagement efficiency and company satisfaction. These include the database, CRM software (Salesforce), and tracking and reporting systems.
- Help participants with ongoing administration and customer support: application review, on-boarding, annual reporting, maintaining, and updating company profile/contact info, logo requests, etc.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Communications, Social Science, or related field.
- Excellent research and presentation skills.
- Learning agility and adaptability (especially in learning to use and navigate CRM Software/Salesforce).
- Essential communications and analytics tools: Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Self-starter, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- High levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect for diversity.
- Fluently spoken and written English.
An internship stipend will be offered.
Deadline for Application: Tuesday, 30th November 2021
Email cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org