Position Title: Communications & Media Intern
Reporting To: Participant Engagement Coordinator
Type of Contract: One Year Contract
The Communications & Media intern will be a dynamic member of the GCNSA, responsible for dissemination of GCNSA communication, assist in driving content creation on GCNSA marketing channels, assist in all press activities and the development of internal & external communications and media plans. This position offers an excellent learning and development opportunity for an aspiring Sustainability Champion.
The UN Global Compact is the world’s largest corporate sustainability platform, with a mission to accelerate and scale the global collective impact of business by upholding the Ten Principles and delivering the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through accountable companies and ecosystems that enable change. The Global Compact Network South Africa is an independent Network of the UN Global Compact; working with companies in South Africa to advance the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact and the SDGs. The Ten Principles are in the areas of Human Rights, Labour, Environmental Protection and Anti-Corruption.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Support implementation of media and communications strategy and policies.
- Develop press releases, media briefs & packs, talking points and speeches.
- Support execution of communications plan.
- Ensure that GCNSA optimally communicates through various channels to targeted stakeholders.
- Develop content for periodic newsletter, press releases and articles/opinion pieces as required.
- Produce & assist in managing website content.
- Support report writing and sustainability/SDG content development.
- Evaluate the success rate of every communication plan through social media analytics.
- Support in strengthening GCNSA’s communications focal points.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree Honours in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field.
- Excellent research and presentation skills.
- Learning agility and adaptability (especially in learning to use and navigate various Web-based Software and tools).
- Essential communications and analytics tools: PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Self-starter, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- High levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect for diversity.
- Fluently spoken and written English.
An internship stipend will be offered.
Deadline for Application: Friday, 10th June 2022
Email Cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org